Merced Golf & Country Club Local Rules
USGA rules govern all play with the exception of the following local rules:
- Embedded Ball Rule: A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground in any closely mown area, through the green, may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty (Rule 25-2).
- Ball in Maintenance Area: If it is virtually certain that a player’s ball is in the maintenance area, a ball must be dropped within 1 club length, no closer to the hole, from the point it crossed the margin of the maintenance area defined by blue-topped white stakes with no penalty.
- Ball Drop on Hole #4: An optional ball drop is available for a ball in the hazard.
- Stones in Bunkers: It is allowed to remove stones in bunkers by declaring them to be movable obstructions (Rule 24-1).
- Exposed Bunker Liners: The lining in the bunkers is to be treated as an immovable obstruction. The player may take relief, without penalty, if the obstruction interferes with the player’s stance or the area of the intended swing (Rule 24-2).
- Protection of Young Trees: Trees are identified by a stake in the ground. Lift and drop without penalty.
- Decorative Flowerbeds and Rock Drains: Decorative Flowerbeds and Rock Drains are considered abnormal ground conditions. A player is entitled to relief, without penalty, if the ball lies in the area, or if it interferes with the player’s stance or swing (Rule 25-1).
- Ball Hitting Power Line: A ball hitting a power line must be replayed without penalty.
- Safety Fence: The safety fence behind the #15 green is an immovable obstruction. Relief is granted for interference with the player’s stance or the area of the intended swing. Intervention on the line of play is not, of itself, interference (Rule 24-2).